Wednesday 24 December 2014

Video Wednesday: Nostalgia



One of my favourite places to travel is down Memory Lane. I’m not making a wise crack, I really mean it. Childhood is a beautiful place now that I look back. Of course when I was a child I wanted to be all grown up. :D

I have so many memories of those times, the things we ate, watched, played, felt, saw, experienced,… When I look back it seems the world is changed and so different from the one I knew. (And yet at most times the only world I know is the one I live in.)

In keeping with the feeling of nostalgia I’m enveloped in, here are couple of videos of things from my childhood. But first a list of 20 things I remember (partly thanks to the videos :D), things that make me smile; smile wide.

  1. pepsi colas

  2. Mario bros

  3. Chandamama magazine

  4. covering school books with brown paper

  5. going to the neighbours for phone calls

  6. Malgudi days

  7. Brainvita

  8. Air Mail

  9. fake Phantom cigarettes

  10. Bajaj ads not just of scooters but also bulbs

  11. the Surabhi program

  12. the rubberband game

  13. hopskotch

  14. Amul icecream

  15. spinning tops

  16. piggy banks

  17. T-series tapes

  18. Hero ink pens

  19. Nataraj HB pencils

  20. Goldspot


 

The 'Jab Bachche They' advertisement by Paper Boat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJIrU9jZo4M

 

Woh Din - A tribute to the 90's by EmotionalFulls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1zZ8VaN7M

 

Old 90's INDIAN Ads on DoorDarshan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2wA6jQEB0

All nostalgic? The videos make you all gooey and soft inside, don't they? What do you remember from your childhood? How many things do you associate with from my list? How many can you list? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment