Saturday 31 January 2015

Saturday Tirade: Who Am I?



'Who am I' is a cliched question. Constantly being asked, forever flaunted, indiscriminately repeated and never resolved. I have tried to define myself way to many times now and words always fall short.

How does one define oneself? Why does one need to define oneself? Can one not be the undefined? The unlabelled? Vague and obscure like that tantalising island shrouded in mist?

And yet every time this question comes up I get lost in thought, sucked into another cycle of trials and attempts to answer the question. Not so much to the person asking the question, but to myself, to reason with and quieten the monster this question awakens.

'Who Am I’.

I know who I was and it is this knowing that causes conflict. I am not the same anymore, I have changed, evolved and what not. Like they say change is the constant and yet I am what I was, I am what I am and I am much more.

So, here’s another attempt at definition, a list of all I am, not OR but AND.
I am a…
- Human
- Girl
- Woman
- Daughter
- Sister
- Wife
- Doggie Mom
- Friend
- Writer
- Imagineer
- Bibliophile
- House Manager
- Crafter
- DIYer
- Jugaadist
- Hoarder
- Washerwoman
- Gardener
- Blogger
- Doggie Vassal
- Food Conjuror
- Poop Examiner
- Pee Appraiser
- Meat Sorter/Meat Box Maker
- Personal Doggie Exerciser
- Poop Collector
- Glorified Charwoman
- Grudging Chambermaid
- Reluctant Cook
- Happy Baker
- Biker
- Traveller
- Adventurer
………
………
………
And the list goes on.

I came up with these in 10ish minutes. I’d be a lot more if I had more time, I guess. :P

Who are You? Does the question haunt you too? How many of these are you too?

I’m constantly striving and working towards the day with I make peace with all I am, with who I am. I don’t know how this can be done, or ever if it is possible but for now I’d say it’s an uphill task and an uplifting journey. :D Have you found the answer? The secret to making peace with ‘Who Am I’?

****This post was inspired by and written for the #UseYouAnd activity on BlogAdda. Now here’s the compulsory text… "This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus".****

Photo Credit: Chenthil Mohan

0 comments:

Post a Comment