Wednesday 4 May 2016

Angelmaker, Before We Visit the Goddess: #TBR Adds This Week

My MomMy Mom - The Birthday Girl :)



The last week was full week. Come to think of it, that's kinda what I say every week. Looks like I live a full life. Lol :D

Che came back from a long trip this week, after 20 days the house had more life in it as the dogs got all excited to have him back and he made his presence felt.

The washing machine got installed too and I love it. Our previous one (Samsung) could be heard across the house and it danced as it washed. This new one (Samsung again) is so silent and doesn't budge through the whole cycle!

I took a day off from home and spent an evening with Mom as it was her birthday. She turned 69 this year!

I got this lovely bag from the Ahambhumika guys, this is an organisation working towards empowering rural women and young girls belonging to lower income communities.

Tote from Ahambhumika

Some doggie pictures!

Senti Guards My Chappals

Elu and her weird stand

With my running schedule and the house-dog routine, finding time for new stuff is tough but I managed to fit in a class on the basics of zentangle art which is a beautiful meditative technique. It's looks so complex and intricate but it's so simple and easy, and the making of a tangle is just so zen. :D

Zentangles

Last week was also the last week of the #AtoZChallenge and I survived! I completed another #AtoZ and I'm so excited about that. I didn't do so well on the follow and comment part of the challenge. I managed to stick with it in the first half but in the second half I just didn't manage to keep up. Oh well, I'll try again next year. As with the previous years though I made some wonderful friends and found some amazing blogs to follow.

 

And more additions to my #TBR


 

Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway
Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway
(Get Booked #24)

This one sounded like the perfect action novel. The hero is trying to live the quiet life until be accidentally activates a doomsday machine. Now he and the spy-lady who brought it to him much solve things and stop it. Life isn’t so quiet anymore!

Before We Visit the Goddess by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Before We Visit the Goddess by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
(Get Booked #24)

I fell in love with Divakaruni when I read her book The Palace of Illusions, which is about the Mahabrata war but from Draupadi’s perspective. This story is about 3 generations of women and it’s a latest book. I just have to read it!

So what have you been up to this week? Been busy too? What are you reading right now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment