Thursday 17 March 2016

Review - Places to Stay: The Lazy Frog, Goa (Carmona)

The Lazy Frog, Goa

This was the first time I stayed at The Lazy Frog but I know I’m going to be staying there again and again. :)

I’ve been to Goa many times over the years and each time I seem to go to a different part, this I’m grateful for, for it is not by my choice that it happens. It’s providence that takes me to different parts of that little state so I get a different experience every time.

This time we landed up in Carmona, South Goa, thanks to the Times Women’s Drive that finished there and had their after party at Zuri. In a bid to beat the rush (there were to be 1000+ women in the drive), we went hunting for a place to stay a couple weeks before the drive.

Looking though sites like Booking.com, Agoda, Air BnB and such we found The Lazy Frog on Booking.com. We liked what we saw and liked the price even more. It was completely in our budget and we booked it immediately.

The Lazy Frog, Goa

Accommodation: ★★★★★
Cleanliness: ★★★★★
Hospitality: ★★★★★
Location: ★★★★★
Tariff: ★★★★★
***Disclaimer: I am NOT associated to The Lazy Frog in anyway. This is my unbiased review and opinion of the place, straight and simple. :)

Location:


 
The Lazy Frog is set in Carmona, South Goa, just off the main road, in an area that is filled with old world charm. There are old houses, quaint tea stalls, moving fish markets and wonderful people all around.

The Lazy Frog, Goa

Carmona Beach lies on the other side of the road, about 2km away. The beach is quiet and peaceful with a couple of shacks around, perfect if you want some quiet time away from the hordes of tourists in Goa.

The Lazy Frog, Goa

The Lazy Frog, Goa

Getting there:


 
The hotel isn’t too far from Madgaon, about 9km from the railway station. The airport at Panjim is 29km away and Carmona Bus stand is around the corner. The hotel offers complimentary pickups and drops from all these places.

We used Google Maps to find The Lazy Frog since we have driven down. The map worked perfectly until the last turn, which is a small lane missing on the map. But people are helpful and we got directions easily. :)


Rooms:


 
The Lazy Frog, Goa

The hotel has 9 rooms (across two floors), a couple of which are triple occupancy. We had taken a 3 person room, so our room had one double bed and one single bed.

The Lazy Frog, Goa

The room was spacious and clean, with fresh towels and white sheets. Amenities in the room included an air conditioner which was super helpful in the heat, there was also a fan, TV, fridge, microwave and water kettle.

The Lazy Frog, Goa

There is hot and cold water available through the day. The shower is lovely and inviting, and the hotel provides shower gel along with towels.


Hospitality & Service:


 
We got to The Lazy Frog in the afternoon and the next morning I forgot to put out the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign, so the room got cleaned. And I’m glad I forgot because I came back to some really cute towel animals.

The Lazy Frog, Goa

But I was also embarrassed, as I’d left a lot of clothes lying around in my rush to the beach and they had all been folded when I returned. The room service was impeccable, Salvadore's a one-man army!

The Lazy Frog does not offer food, but you could request the night before for breakfast to be picked up for you if you want to eat in bed. Yep, the guys are friendly and accommodating like that. :)

The Lazy Frog, Goa

The Lazy Frog, Goa

They are also into frogs... Really into them! :D Apart from frogs galore, the hotel also offers free wi-fi, free parking and a designated smoking area.


Hosts:


 

The Lazy Frog, GoaThe Threesome - Roy, Olivia and The Frog



The Lazy Frog is rather new as things go, this is their first year but it didn’t seem so to me and after talking to Roy and Olivia I knew why. Both Roy and Olivia have lots of experience in the hospitality business and it shows in their hotel.

Kind and sweet, I enjoyed talking to the couple and getting to know them. They had lots of stories to recount and they opened their hearts and home with such love that within minutes I felt like I’d known them for years!

The Lazy Frog, Goa

Roy is a treasure trove of information. Make sure to talk to him and discuss your stay and what you have in mind. He gave us some suggestions of things to do and places to eat for the day and I’m so glad I took his advise. We absolutely enjoyed our day!

Rates:



The rooms are reasonably priced. We paid Rs.1600/- per day for our room with an extra bed.

My Experience at The Lazy Frog


 
This was my first time at The Lazy Frog and in Carmona, Goa but I so enjoyed the quite old Goan charm and the hospitality and peace of The Lazy Frog that I'm sure I'm going to be going back often. Plus it helps, immensely, that they are a pet-friendly hotel. I'd like to take my brat-pack to the beach someday and The Lazy Frog would be a perfect fit to that project with lost of space, spacious rooms and wonderful hosts.

I definitely recommend The Lazy Frog if you are looking for a place to stay in Goa. And if you do go there, give Roy and Olivia a hug for me. ;)

Details


The Lazy Frog, Carmona, Goa
Website: lazyfroggoa.com
Email: lazyfroggoa@gmail.com
Phone: +919545833366, +917066153390
Facebook Page

2 comments:

  1. A good, comfortable place makes a huge difference when one travels, glad you've found that!

    Andrea from D's Company #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true. Thanks for stopping by Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete