Monday 28 March 2016

Horn Ok Please, Long Born Family At Home: This Week in Books

The Summer HeatIt's not Summer yet and the heat is already blinding!



The last week has been a packed one, loaded with fun, drama and excitement. My brother got married and the whole family turned up. (See the Wedding Pics on Chenthil's FB Page)

I love it when my family comes together, it makes me so so happy. Che loaned me his Instax Wide and I had such fun taking pictures for a day. (sometimes he's just chosweet) ;)

Family Collage

With all that's been happening, I stuck to my running schedule and that made smile all the way though my weekly long run. I'm enjoying running, especially once I get into a stride but have got a nagging pain in my heel to be figured out. :(

We also harvested some potatoes and tapioca this week. :)

Potatoes & Tapioca

I also got two hampers this week. :D

Burrp Hamper

I got this from the Burrp guys at the food tasting they organised at Horn Ok Please - a desigastro pub. The decor was fascinating and I really liked their posters, milk can seats and tiffin lights.

Bollywood Posters

Tiffins, Lamps and Milk Cans

Desi CocktailsEach of their cocktails has a desi twist and a found a couple quite appealing - do try the Kala Katta and Spice Trade



I also got a hamper from the ITC guys. A collection of four delicacies and two chutneys from their ready to eat Kitchens of India line. We've tried out the Yakhni Palao and Awadhi Halla and enjoyed both. Can't wait to get started with the chutneys.

Kitchens of India Hamper

I haven't been keeping up with the news in the middle of all this, so, got some catching up this week.

Some #TBR Additions


 

Longbourn by Jo Baker
Longbourn by Jo Baker
(Get Booked #20)

I had found The Help by by Kathryn Stockett fascinating, the story from the perspective of the house-help is an different tale. In Longbourn, Jo Bakers goes belowstairs and tells the Pride & Prejudice story from the view of the maids and footmen. The Help meets Pride & Prejudice, this one, I can't wait to read...

At Home by Bill Bryson
At Home by Bill Bryson
(Get Booked #20)

I've read Bill Bryson's A Brief History of Nearly Everything and I'm a fan. This one's about the history of rooms in houses - bedrooms, dining rooms, drawing rooms,... Sounds interesting, nah?

Not many books this week and not much reading either. I'm hoping to fix it in the coming week. How has your reading week been? What are you reading? What have you been up to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment