Friday 29 April 2016

Yummy Yields: Burrp App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

Burrp Android

Che I are not big eating out people, we used to be but in recent years we’ve cut down a lot for various reasons, some in our control and some not. But we still do eat out, only now it’s quite an event, it’s given a lot of thought and it’s appreciated a lot more.

Most often when we eat out, it’s Che who does the choosing of where to eat. He’s good at it and his app of choice is Zomato but recently I got introduced to the Burrp app and now I think I’m going to try and choose.

Burrp Android Burrp Android



 

What the Burrp App’s supposed to do


 

This app does so much that I’m not sure if I know all it does and it makes me wonder if it’s spreading itself thin and trying to do too much. But anyway… The app allows you to search for restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs nearby. You can also search based on type of cuisine. Search results are filtered based the distance from you, rating and price.

You can also mark places as favourites and want to try. Check-in, add photos, rate, leave a tip and writing a review is also offered. When looking for a place to eat you can view your favourites and call history to revisit a place.

You can also see places that are currently trending, hosting events or have offers running.

Burrp Android Burrp Android



Burrp Android Burrp Android



 

How I’m using the Burrp App


 

I haven’t use the app until now so this section is difficult to fill. :D

Burrp Android Burrp Android



 

My thoughts on the Burrp App


 

I quite liked what I saw of the app and it’s search results were tempting enough for me to want to try. There’s a lot this app can do but even at the simple level that I would use an app like Burrp, it works well and I think it would be really helpful the next time I’m trying to choose a place to eat.

There seems to be an attempt at community building around food that the Burrp guys are attempting, and for those who eat out a lot, review restaurants or use apps like Burrp and Zomato, this community might just offer good benefits and advantages.

Do you use food apps? Which one do you use? Have you used the Burrp app? Which is your favourite food discovery app?

 

App details and link


 
Burrp Android

Stars - ★★★★☆
Developer - Network18
Devices - Android, IOS
Size - 9.8M
Installs - 100,000 - 500,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

0 comments:

Post a Comment