Wednesday 20 April 2016

Quizzes Galore: QuizUp App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

QuizUp Android

This is my first and only gaming app in this series. I enjoy games but I’m not much of a mobile phone gamer. There are reasons, one being games take up a lot of battery and another that they are time suckers. But I do play games, and absolutely love some of them.

QuizUp is one of them. I used to love quizzing in college and Trivia was my favourite topic. QuizUp allows me to get back on that bandwagon. It has 1,200 topics to choose from and over 600,000 questions. That’s almost unlimited game play with out questions repeating.

And I’m not playing alone, I can play with friends, or even challenge strangers. QuizUp claims tone the Biggest Trivia Game in the World!

QuizUp Android QuizUp Android



 

What the QuizUp App’s supposed to do


 

The app allows three sign-up modes - Facebook, Google+ and Email. The Facebook and G+ signup options will pull in data of your friends who are also playing QuizUp.

You can choose quizzes from a wide range of categories and topics. Each quiz has 6 questions and a 7th bonus question. At the start of each quiz you make a choice of whether you want to play alone, with a friend or with a random stranger.

If you play alone, you use your energy, which gets replaced over time. But if you challenge and play with friends or strangers, no energy is required and you can play unlimited games.

At the end of each game, you can start a new one, play a rematch or move on to another quiz. Each topic also has a community built around it, so you can connect with people who love the same things you do.

QuizUp Android QuizUp Android



QuizUp Android QuizUp Android



 

How I’m using the QuizUp App


 

This is my go to app when I have some time to kill. I play with friends and strangers, get excited, feel good about myself, and even learn something new. It’s like I’m doing something productive even when I’m killing time. :D

QuizUp Android QuizUp Android



 

My thoughts on the QuizUp App


 

I’m careful about using QuizUp, two reasons for that - one I get sucked in and can’t stop playing, two it drains my battery (because - refer to point one).

This is such a fun app and the variety of topics makes for hours of entertainment. The other plus in that I don’t have to find common topics between friends, I can just go ahead an play strangers across the world.

And let’s not forget the coolest things about it, I learn something all the time when playing. It’s not a silly game!

 

App details and link


 
QuizUp Android

Stars - ★★★★★
Developer - Plain Vanilla Games Corp
Devices - Android, iOS
Size - 39M
Installs - 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

0 comments:

Post a Comment