Monday 11 April 2016

Instant Save, Read Later: Instapaper App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

Instapaper Android

I still remember the days of paper clippings; it was just a couple of weeks ago that I decluttered and threw out tons of paper clippings I had collected over the years from newspapers and magazines. That was how you saved an article to read later in the old school method.

Times have changed through and now I read mostly on the internet. There can be no paper clippings here and printouts just make for a lot of bulk and paper wasted. I miss the fun of cutting up newsprint but well… got to move with the times.

I’ve tried various ways to save articles to read later over the years, excel sheets, browser bookmarks, Del.icio.us, and more. But what it’s Instapaper that is my current favourite.

Instapaper Android

 

What the Instapaper App’s supposed to do


 

Instapaper is a simple save now read later system. You install the extension on you browser and the app on your phone and tablet and your ready to start saving. When you come across an article that interests you that you’d like to save for later, use the extension or share to app to save it.

At your convenience open the app and all your articles are lined up there to read. Instapaper syncs between all devices so you can read anywhere. You can even push articles to your kindle.

Articles get saved in a clean, simple, decluttered manner to make for easy reading. The font size changeable and you can mark the articles as read, liked, archived, or deleted. Articles can also be sorted and filtered.

Instapaper Android

 

How I’m using the Instapaper App


 

I push a lot of articles I come across to Instapaper both from my phone and browser, either because it’s too long to read immediately or I’m in the middle of something else when I find it.

Once it’s in my Instapaper account, there’s no rush, I can read on my time and then take appropriate action - share it, delete it, save it for future reference,…

I have the app installed on my phone, the extension on my browser and the Kindle push setup, so on matter where, I can read at ease.

Instapaper Android

 

My thoughts on the Instapaper App


 

Another app that’s a must have on my list. Instapaper is my go to service to save articles to read later. Saving is simple and easy. Reading is decluttered and clean. And it's option to push to Kindle is an additional plus!

Do you also use Instapaper? Do you find it useful? Or do you use something else to save for later reading?

 

App details and link


 
Instapaper Android

Stars - ★★★★★
Developer - Instapaper Holdings, Inc
Devices - Android, IOS
Size - Varies with device
Installs - 100,000 - 500,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

4 comments:

  1. I use Diigo t bookmark. Instapaper sounds as though it's a lot like Diigo. Still, I'm intrigued enough to investigate Instapaper. I do like that I can tag and annotate Diigo. I've bookmarked blogs I want to revisit during the A to Z challenge in Diigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I read your #atozchallenge blogs, the more I know about the world! Seriously! There are things that I didn't even knew existed!

    @bhawnasaini_yml from Yellow Mellow Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the first time I've heard of Diigo Glenda. Tags and annotations sound interesting. I'm going to check it out. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete