Sunday 24 April 2016

I Know What I'm Doing -- and Other Lies I Tell Myself: On the #TBR This Week

My New Kalenji Ekiden Trail Active ShoesMax and My New Running Shoes :)



Some days I’m just grateful for the chance I get to sit down and put my feet up, to relax even if just for a moment and this week’s been filled with those days.

The week started with the maids taking unannounced leave, the washing machine packing up, the microwave walking out with it, and me just starting at it all, my week going belly up.

It’s been a maniacal week, one through which I’ve just about managed to maintain my sanity. Ok, I’ve seen worse, this wasn’t that bad but it was bad and nothing went to plan, but I survived and that’s the big thing, nah?

This week, the up’s were that I managed to hold onto my running schedule and ran an 8k, which is my longest ever, until now. ;) We got a new washing machine and I can’t wait to start turning all those dials and playing with it. We also had our first decent rain, it didn’t pour but it did drizzle for 4 hours; heat's back with a vengeance though.

Android Apps Reviewed This Week

I also held on to the #AtoZChallenge and didn’t miss a post. This week my android app selections were - Gardroid for Gardening, Player FM for Podcasts, Quiz Up for Productive Time-Pass, Strava for Running, Period Tracker - My Calendar and Todoist for those Pesky To-Do’s.

It’s the last week of the challenge now and I’m gearing up for it. Got to keep the ball rolling, right to the end.

 

Another addition to my #TBR


 

Another rather quiet week in this section. But I did find one book that caught my eye...

I Know What I'm Doing -- and Other Lies I Tell Myself by Jen Kirkman
I Know What I'm Doing -- and Other Lies I Tell Myself by Jen Kirkman
(All the books #49)

A memoir of her life, Jen shares her stories and talks about a myriad bunch of things. But what struck me when i heard of the book on the All The Books podcast was that she talks about having children, the choice of having or not having them and the dealing with people bit if you choose not to.
I’m also considering the book as an audio book as it is narrated by Jen Kirkman herself and she’s a stand-up comedian. It would be fun.

That’s about it from me here this Sunday. What have you been unto this week? How has it been - good, bad, ugly? What are you looking forward to next week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment