Tuesday 12 April 2016

Justify The Costs: Toshl App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

Toshl Android

Over the years I’ve learned a thing or two about money and one of the first lessons is that you should keep track of it. :D

Keeping track money in a bank account is easy, if you spend from the bank via a cheque or debit card, the bank tracks it and you know at all times where your money got spent. If you spend it on a credit card, then when the bill arrives you know.

But tracking cash in hand is cumbersome, all those little day to day expenses like buying groceries, fuelling up the car, paying the house-help, buying take-away,… etc. Tracking these small expenses that don’t got through the bank or card is tough.

The old school method was to maintain a little notebook, or well, you could use an excel sheet. But it’s still cumbersome and here’s where Toshl comes in. This little app sits on the phone and allows you to enter every little expense with just a few taps and you usually always have your phone so you can make entries as you pay.

Toshl Android

 

What the Toshl App’s supposed to do


 

On Toshl you make an entry of the amount, the date, the tag for the expense and any comments you want to add. All entries show up in the app and can be sorted based on tag or date.

You can also enter your income, track your spending and set a budget. There are also options to change dates of your financial month and change your currency. Changing currency works great when you are travelling, for example when we were travelling through Thailand I made my entries in Thai Baht.

The app also has a website so you can access all your entries there too, and even can export the data.

Recently the app has been updated and it’s become even more powerful. It now also allows you to enter withdrawals from multiple bank accounts, track card expenditures, note incomes, etc. and even has categories layered with tags. All your expenses at your fingertips.

Toshl Android

 

How I’m using the Toshl App


 

I have been using Toshl for over four years now and since I started using it, I’ve given up on that little notebook I carried everywhere. And we’ve been pro account users for almost 3 years, though even the free version is great!

Tracking little expenses is easy, I go to buy groceries and make note right at the cash counter on Toshl, or any other shop for that matter. If I can’t remember how much I paid for something, the data is right there on my phone, I just have to look it up. And I can check anytime on how much I spent in a month on various things, like groceries, medicines, bills, etc.

I also love the wacky messages it pops up when syncing. :D

Toshl Android

 

My thoughts on the Toshl App


 

Toshl makes tracking expenses so easy and since it’s on the phone I can enter the expense immediately. That means I don’t have to sit at the end of each day and think where and what I spent on.

The data I look at each month is really helpful, like a couple of years ago we got a shock when we saw how much we had spent on eating out. Goes without saying the next month we clamped down on it.

This is a great app to track all that doesn’t get tracked by your bank. All that cash, well now you can follow it and know exactly where it went.

How do you track your expenses?

 

App details and link


 
Toshl Android

Stars - ★★★★★
Developer - Toshl Inc.
Devices - Android, IOS
Size - 4.2M
Installs - 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

2 comments:

  1. I am still using the old school small notebook to track my expenses. Need to try Toshl soon!

    @bhawnasaini_yml from Yellow Mellow Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, you should!
    Makes you a little dependent on technology but it's so useful and easy. Plus looking at stats is so much easier then trying to figure it out on paper.

    ReplyDelete