Saturday 2 April 2016

Books Books Books: Goodreads App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

Goodreads Android App

Many times I pickup a book and start reading only to realise halfway through the first chapter that I've already read the book before. With the number of books I read, over the years keeping track has been difficult.

It was this problem that I solved 6 years ago when I first came across Goodreads. But GR does more than this, it gives me stats about my reading, helps me find like-minded readers, has groups that support and challenge me to read more, shows me genuine reviews to choose my next read, and much more.

As you can see I'm sold on Goodreads and a big fan. Amazon's take over of GR had me a bit worried but they haven't changed the essence of the site and I'm glad of it. Apart for the website which is hugely powered by the book community Goodreads also has an android app so you can update book info on the go.

Goodreads Android App
 

What the Goodreads App’s supposed to do


 

The Goodreads app allows users to do almost everything that can be done on the website. You can mark the book you are starting to read or have finished reading. Mark books as to-read. Make book updates as you read. Write a review and rate the book.

Follow your groups and friends and stay up to date on what they are reading. Get recommendations. Find the best books of the previous year. Keep track of your reading challenge. You get the gist...

Goodreads Android App
 

How I’m using the Goodreads App


 
The Goodreads app has a lot to offer but what I use it for the most is to mark books are currently reading or finished reading. i also review books quickly using the app when I don’t have access to a computer or when I want to write a short review and not post it on my blog.

I do use all the other various features the app offers but not so often as I find a lot of them cumbersome to use on the mobile. I prefer the website for detailed browsing.

Goodreads Android App
 

My thoughts on the Goodreads App


 
Over all this is one of my favourite apps. It’s almost an app I can’t live without because I helps me keep my book list up-to-date and is a great way to track my reading.

This app is a must have for me. I used to use a third-party app to update Goodreads some years back but this app from Goodreads is way better and it gets better with every update!
 

App details and links


 
Goodreads Android

Stars - ★★★★★
Developer - Goodreads
Devices - Android, IOS
Size - Varies with device
Installs - 50,000,000 - 100,000,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

8 comments:

  1. Ooh! I have been on Goodreads for a couple of years now, and I do love the site. I will have to get the app so I can use it on my phone. Thanks for pointing it out!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from

    The Multicolored Diary

    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Goodreads a couple of months back but still hadn't figured out how to use it. Well now I do! Thanks!
    Yellow
    Mellow Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] do tell me which ones you use. I’ve got A and B done until now. A for Audio Books: Audible App B for Books Books Books: Goodreads App […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most welcome :) And remember to friend me there... I want to stalk your reading list ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes updating so easy. I hate having to go away from a book to a computer to do stuff and the app resolves that issue. I can stay put in the book and yet make updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this theme. I do use GR - not very often though. Looking forward to the rest of the series. Good luck on the challenge! We're doing “I’ve Got The Music In Me” this year on The Road We’ve Shared. – looking at how important music is in the Down syndrome community. I hope you’ll stop by and see/hear! http://theroadweveshared.com/category/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-2016

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks :) Is there a reason for why you don't use GR so much?
    The importance of music in the Down syndrome community is an excellent theme and so helpful. Will definitely stop by.

    ReplyDelete