Thursday 14 April 2016

Loose Notes: Google Keep App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

Google Keep Android

I am a note taker, I don’t like cluttering my mind with data and so I try to write down as much as I can. (I find it free’s my mind) Give me directions to a place and I’ll write it down, packing to travel - I’ll create a checklist first, saw something interesting - I’ll save a photo, come across a gardening tip - immediate notes made, the list goes on.

I’ve filled note books over the years with all this stuff and the notebooks would be filled with little pieces of paper too as I’d take notes on them when I didn’t have the note book handy. I sound a bit crazy, don’t I? :)

But then I came across Google Keep. This little nifty app is an excellent note taker, one that can be used as, just a post-it or it can be used to write extensive notes.

Google Keep Android

 

What the Google Keep App’s supposed to do


 

Google Keep is an app that comes inbuilt on most Android phones today. It’s a notes app that allows you to make short notes or long notes based on what you want. You can type or copy and paste text on to a note or between notes.

You can create checklists on the note, make a voice note, add photos to the note, draw in a note, use a marker on a note, and even use a highlighter in the note.

You can also label and colour code notes to make them easier to find and sort. Notes can also be moved around and reordered. All notes sync to your Google account so they are always safe and backed-up.

Google Keep Android

 

How I’m using the Google Keep App


 

I use Keep for just about everything I need to note down. Movies I’ve watched this year, books recommended to me, birds I saw on my last holiday, a poster I saw and want to follow-up, a packing checklist, the dogs weights month on month,… You get the idea.

I even write blog posts on Keep sometimes when I’m away from home and have a little time and the phone handy. And I’ve stopped taking visiting cards from people; when they give me their card, I take a picture and add it to my Rolodex note on Keep, the cards are less likely to get lost this way and are always accessible.

I have a lot of notes, so I use labels and colours for them. Colours are a easy way to find a note, especially one you lookup often. I use colours as tags to add more functionality to my labels.

Google Keep Android

 

My thoughts on the Google Keep App


 

I’ve used quite a few note taking apps but Google Keep is my favourite, it’s simple, clean and easy to use. Plus it has so much functionality packed into one little app. It also syncs to the cloud and is available offline without taking up too much space.

It lets me do everything I’d want to do when making a note. I can add text, a photo, a checklist, highlights, a voice note and even draw. Awesome sauce isn’t it!

 

App details and link


 
Google Keep Android

Stars - ★★★★★
Developer - Google Inc.
Devices - Android, IOS
Installs - 50,000,000 - 100,000,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

2 comments:

  1. Interesting read. i have recently started using this app and i find it very useful. Though nothing can beat the feel of hand written notes but this definitely comes way too useful in the fast moving life.
    P.S: HAPPY BIRTHDAY <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wishes Sneha :)
    And I agree, nothing beats paper. I still use paper-lists and so need a scribble pad next to me at all times!

    ReplyDelete