Saturday 9 April 2016

Health is Wealth: My Fitness Pal App Review | 26 Android Apps in April for the #AtoZchallenge

My Fitness Pal Android

H is also for Honest, so Honestly I haven’t used the My Fitness Pal app all that much but I do wish to. My reasons for not using it are many, I forget, I don’t know the numbers, the calculations are complex and what not. Mostly it’s just that I’m lazy and that the app isn’t yet making a drastic change in my life.

But I have used the My Fitness Pal app and I see it’s potential, so let me just get into that.

My Fitness Pal Android

 

What the My Fitness Pal App’s supposed to do


 

My Fitness Pal is a tracking app for calories, and these calories are tracked via what you eat, how much you exercise, how much you weigh and water intake.

On the app you can enter details about yourself and then mark your target weight (above or below current). The app then calculates and tell you how many calories you can eat each day.

Each meal must be entered and there are options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. You can also create recipes, so you don’t have to track ingredients each time. Just say how much of the dish and the app does the rest.

You can also connect it to exercise apps you use so it will auto sync your calorie burn from exercise.

My Fitness Pal Android

 

How I’m using the My Fitness Pal App


 

Sometime back I tried out the keto diet and during that time the app worked beautifully for me, but on a day to day basis and with our normal eating I find it tough to use.

That said, it’s also true that I haven’t created any recipes and that means I have to use generic dishes or add one ingredient at a time, which is the deterrent.

My Fitness Pal Android

My Fitness Pal Android

 

My thoughts on the My Fitness Pal App


 

Since I have started running, I have been trying to track my diet. Eating right is an important part of running right and My Fitness Pal helps track eating right. There are a lot of options, the app is easy to use and tracking is made simple.

This is a good app to use if you are looking to lose weight, gain weight or eat correctly as it will give you a calories, carb, protein, etc. breakup. Of course the catch is that you must use it and not cheat. ;)

 

App details and link


 
My Fitness Pal Android

Stars - ★★★★☆
Developer - MyFitnessPal, Inc.
Devices - Android, IOS
Size - Varies with device
Installs - 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
Link - Android Store | iTunes Store

8 comments:

  1. I used it for a while. It worked pretty well, I felt. Anything like that is all about how well you can stick with it.

    Stephanie
    http://stephie5741.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fitness Pal is too complicated for easy use. I found it's a real time suck, and now that I have a Fitbit, I can pretty much duplicate MFP. Glenda from

    Evolving English Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think apps like these are good if you don't have a lot of will power as they are a constant reminder of what you are trying to achieve
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Stephanie, I completely agree. The app is great, the fault for not sticking with it is all mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of getting the FitBit Glenda. Does the FitBit track food intake?
    What do you use to track calorie intake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. In that I agree Debbie... That's also a reason I think for not using the app a lot. It stops me from cheating and eating! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used any of the fitness apps but I do find them intriguing. I can see where they could be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Karen :)

    ReplyDelete